This past week, Daddy was gone to camp while the kids and I were home. Of course, this would be the time that we would experience our very first stitches. Thursday had already been a really long day- mentoring at 7am, my dr. appointment during nap and then a baseball game with our Real Life Group that evening. We left the baseball game "early" which put us home at 9:00. I was trying to rinse the watermelon off of the kids that they had devoured at the game when Keirah fell in the tub, splitting her chin wide open. There was a lot of blood initially and, though Keirah was hurting, Aubryn was the hysterical one. I called my neighbors (the pastor and his wife of a neighboring church) who were able to come immediately. They took care of Leif and Aubryn while I dressed Keirah, gave her a band-aid (her remedy for the entire situation) and loaded her in the car. We tried an Urgent Care Clinic, the closest ER, and then the next closest ER before we stayed for care. My sweet friend Barie met us at the hospital and stayed for the duration. We definitely needed stitches... 3 to be exact. Keirah was amazing. She never shed a tear after the impact. Here is the story in pictures (I still had my camera in my van from the baseball game.)

First we had the numbing cream... and pics with Mama and Mrs. Barie.


Here you can really see the gash.

The nurses wrapped her up, with her pillow in hand, like a
"mermaid" so that she could not move.

Preparing her for stitches. Keirah kept asking, "What't happening? What are they doing?
What's that Mama?" She was very calm and curious.


More numbing... The nurses said that they don't usually
have adults that do as well as Keirah did.

Here she is all stitched up! They told her, "Your chin has bows in it!"

After the whole experience, they offered Keirah
chocolate milk! She was beside herself with joy.

You deserve it girl! You did great... next time
can you time it when Daddy's home?
4 comments:
Loved reading the posts and seeing all the cute pics. Way to go Keirah on being so brave! Your chin looks like it's going to be all better now. Sorry you got hurt. :( I'm ready to see all of you again!
Wow, that sounds pretty crazy! Hoping stuff like that does not happen sometime when Ryan is gone! With three kids and a pregnant belly...and at night...with kids in the tub. Yeah, I can imagine...crazy! ;)
Oh, poor girl...I'm impressed that she was so brave. I wanted to cry FOR HER just looking at the pictures. You are an amazing Mommy, Jada!
It would be Keirah to get a big gash and not shed a tear. Bless her heart...and Aubryn's.
Post a Comment