Thursday, October 23, 2008

An Update in Photos

Here are some pictures of our family from the past month.  We've had a lot happening, a lot of adjusting... and a lot of fun!  To read a more complete update on Emry, see the next post.  Or, just enjoy the photos!
Emry has beautiful big eyes.  Here she is showing them off!

This is me in my bed.  I don't sleep here yet, but it's
fun to look at all the pretty colors and mobile here. 
As soon as I am sleeping through the night, I'll get to 
stay in my room with Aubryn and Keirah!! 

I love holding Emry!! She feels so small and dainty in my 
arms. I have never had a baby that didn't feel 
like a chunk in 2 weeks!  This is a picture of her
apnea monitor we were sent home with from the NICU.

This is one of the few positions I can be in... on my side or 
on my tummy is preferable.  I just looked so relaxed that
my mommy had to take a picture!

Nana stayed almost two weeks with us to help while I 
ran back and forth to the NICU and then for our first week
home.  I don't know what I would have done without her here.
She got some sweet time with Emry while she was here.

Our family ventured out for a little while at the local Pumpkin
Patch.  We went to find Emry a little pumpkin, since Nana
had bought the other 3 pumpkins at Wal-Mart.  We had
a great time and got some good pictures.  I love fall!!

Nana got to carry Emry around the Pumpkin
Patch.  I think Emry was really impressed :)
Aubryn tried to find the biggest one she could pick up.

I like this one... or maybe this one... or this... one...

"Mama, this one's heavy."
 
This is Emry all dressed up for baby and 
parent dedication at church.

Isn't this a sweet picture!

Nana and Papa got to be here for Keirah's 4th birthday
celebration.  We invited 2 families and had a total of 10 kids here!

I really think Keirah enjoyed her birthday party... I think :)

Keirah got really upset when Kamden tried to get the first
bite of cake!

Aubryn and I went to school with Keirah on her birthday!
We took birthday muffins to her class and had a great time.

Aubryn and Keirah having fun together before 
going to Hunny and Biggie's house for a couple
of days.

Leif has had a major milestone lately... his first real
haircut!!  Daddy's been begging me to cut it and I've not
wanted to part with the curls, but when you have to 
spend as much time taming the boy's curls and you 
do the girl's, it's time to get a haircut!  He loves it 
and says, "I have a big boy haircut!"

Daddy loves the tummy time with Emry.

Emry spending sweet Daddy time and getting sleepy.

This is Leif sporting a black eye... we have no idea how it happened.  
He doesn't seem permanently damaged!

After Emry's bath... which she hates.

This is me at the sleep study... with out all the wires.

And again at Dell Children's hospital.  By the way, that is the 
coolest hospital.  I can't wait to take the other 3 on a tour!

Thanks Sena for this really cute brown outfit 
that is one of the only ones that fits me really well!


5 comments:

tonya said...

She is so adorable!!! I can't wait to see her in person!

Hallam Fam News said...

thanks for sharing the pics! i love the one of emry and daddy's cuddle time.

Kristin Stegent said...

Aww...she's a cutie, Jada! I think her and Tapestry need to meet sometime. ;) Aparently you and I are gonna keep having babies, so I don't think we are going to ever have any extra time to get together...haha. So, we will just have to purposely plan a trip to Round Rock...maybe sometime after the new year. I am glad you are doing well and adjusting! You kids are precious! Love you!

Alecia Mallett said...

Thanks for letting me have a peek at the fun things you are doing. You all look great and I think Keirah did have a good time at her party. Tell Aubryn and Keirah Bug I said hi and give Leif a hug for me. I can't wait to come see Emry, You have to let me know when will be best. Take care. Love you guys. Alecia

Kyla said...

We were so excited to see all the new pictures and hear the updates. Ava sat right in my lap the whole time looking at Emry and the other cousins saying, "Awww" and "Whosat?" and then tried to lean forward as to hug them! That picture of Emry in the yellow laying on her tummy is the most precious picture of her!