Friday, May 8, 2009

GIVING UP AND GIVING IN

I feel like there are a lot of things I’m either giving in on or simply giving up on. I can’t decide if it’s just survival mode, my 4th kids syndrome, or me finally loosening up on some things I probably should have a long time ago… or maybe all of the above J  Anyway, there’s plenty so here goes…

Giving in to Leif who says, “Big boys go potty on the fence!”  You know at this point… if he WILL potty on the fence, fine! At least it’s not in his underwear!

Giving in to the mud hole in my backyard that I’ve successfully kept the kids out of for days now.  Anyway… mud can be so much fun!

Giving up on the looks of everything.  Please give me a trashcan in every room… even if they are ugly.

Giving up on keeping Emry’s diapers off of every one of Keirah’s baby dolls. There will be a day that I wish she would play baby dolls again.

Giving in to the Rocky Road ice cream in my freezer right now… Nick’s been gone since Thursday morning J   Who cares that it’s 10:30 at night!

Giving up on trying to keep Emry tiny for the rest of her life!  She’s put on a pound and a half in 1 month!  She’s crawling and pulling up on everything and I’m wondering what it will look like to have a 16 lb walker!

Giving in to Aubryn’s request to making 3 books, 3 puppets, a weather wheel and a cottonball sheep… all during naptime.  She’s more creative than I will ever be.  I just need her to pick projects that doesn’t require my help… I could use the quiet time personally J

Giving up on my lawn and calling Scott’s lawn service.  Can you see my weeds in any of these pics?

Giving up on any of my children looking like me :)

Giving up on eating with my family right now.  Emry is into food and wants to eat when we eat now… which means mama is feeding a few bits of solids before Emry gets it up her nose, gets mad and then wants a bottle.  At least it’s good for my figure.

Giving up on perfection in my kids and just enjoying the process.  It’s more realistic and just down right funny at times J

As many things as I feel like I am giving in or giving up on, there are some things that I am completely resolved to.  I am resolved to love my Jesus with all that I am. I am resolved to put my family first.  I am resolved to love and support Nick and work at our relationship even when it’s really hard.  I am resolved to cherish every moment with my husband and children… this is just a season.  I am resolved to training up my children in the way that they should go so that when they are old, they will not depart from it.  I am resolved to praying for them that they would love God and love people above all else.  I am resolved to serve others, even when I feel like I have nothing else to give.  I am resolved to find ways to talk about my faith with others, though likely in the restrooms of public places right now.  I am resolved to tear my fingers off the reigns and allow God to unresolved me… to give up and press into Him as He leads me to.











8 comments:

Alice K. said...

I am so very proud of you!! It seems you are learning a lot!! God has a way of teaching us sooo much...I'm also in the learning process. I have Owen's 4 month old precious baby girl..Sophia every day...and am remembering all the trials and tribulations of motherhood ... all over again!! I'll pray for you if you'll pray for me!!! Love you!!
Alice K.

Barie Sue said...

well said...we need to have the "resolved to's" on a poster in our homes so that we remember them in the midst of the chaos that each day brings :)

Kristin Stegent said...

Very cool...like this post, funny...and real! ;) They kids look like that had a great time in the mud puddle, so I think it was worth your giving in! :)

Oh boy, we'll see what all I end up giving into along the way! And giving up...

Gennae H. said...

The mud puddle pictures are hilarious! Did you just hose them off when they were done?!

Britni said...

your kids are so cute! I love reading your blog...it is really inspiring! God Bless!

Kyla said...

I'm still waiting for Alan to get home for work :( and was so thrilled to see both of your new posts on your blog! Emry is so cute and I just can't believe she's crawling! I found myself talking to her and trying to get her to crawl towards me as I was watching the video. :) I love the mud pictures too! And it was fun to read all your 'giving ups and giving ins.' I know that a million moms can understand. You've inspired me to let Ava play in a mud puddle some day as well....at your house. :)

Elizabeth said...

Remember you are doing a fantastic job...I don't know how you do all you do already. I'm so glad that Emry is doing so well. Loved to "mud" pictures...what fun!
Love, Mama E.

MMC said...

Hey, you are doing great as a momma of four, don't ever question that!!! Love the post of giving in, as well as Miss Emry crawling! I can't wait to see you all again! Remember two years ago being in Canyon in May, wish we could do that again!! If you get the fever to come back with your mom jump in!!! Again you're an awesome momma!! Love ya, Melissa